NiQuitin Mini Lozenges are used for relief of nicotine withdrawal symptoms and cravings.
This type of treatment is called Nicotine Replacement Therapy or NRT. NiQuitin Minis come in two strengths, each strength comes in its own pack
NiQuitin Mini 4mg Mint Lozenges are for smokers who smoke more than 20 cigarettes a day
Sufficient lozenges should be used each day, usually 8-12, up to a maximum of 15. Continue use for up to six weeks to break the habit of smoking, then gradually reduce lozenge use. When daily use is 1-2 lozenges, use should be stopped.
- Do not use NiQuitin Mini Lozenges if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to nicotine or any of the other ingredients in this medicine (see ingredients section above)
- Do not use NiQuitin Minis If you are a non-smoker, occasional smoker or under the age of 12 years
- Talk to your healthcare professional if you are taking any other medicines
- Do not exceed the stated dose
- If you feel the need to use NiQuitin Mini Lozenges for longer than 9 months in total, you should ask a healthcare professional for advice
- NiQuitin Minis should only be used by adolescents (12-17 years inclusive) with advice from a healthcare professional.
- NiQuitin Minis are not recommended for use in children below the age of 12
Talk to your healthcare professional before using NiQuitin Minis if you have/are:
- Heart or circulation problems including recent heart attack, stroke, angina, high blood pressure or occlusive peripheral artery disease
- Allergic reactions
- If you have allergic eczema or dermatitis
- A history of epilepsy or fits
- If you have stomach or duodenal ulcers
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Severe or moderate liver or severe kidney problems
- Uncontrolled overactive thyroid gland or a tumour of the adrenal gland
- Stomach or duodenal ulcers or an inflamed oesophagus or gullet
- Concerns about becoming dependent on this product