Maalox Chewable Tablets are antacids designed for the relief of indigestion (dyspepsia).
They contain aluminium oxide and hydrated and magnesium hydroxide which work together to lower the amount of acid in your stomach.
The chewable tablet form gives you an easy way to keep antacids to hand to ease indigestion.
Do not take Maalox Chewable Tablets if:
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to aluminium oxide, hydrated, magnesium hydroxide or any of the other ingredients in Maalox Chewable Tablets (see below). Signs of an allergic reaction include: a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue
- You are feeling very weak and have no energy (debilitated)
- You have kidney problems
- You have low levels of phosphate.
Tak to your your doctor or pharmacist before taking your Maalox Chewable Tablets if:
- You suffer from porphyria
- You suffer from diabetes
Use of Maalox Chewable Tablets is not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding.