Imodium LiquiRelief 2mg Capsules 12 Packs is a medicine which is used to treat sudden short-lived (acute) attacks of diarrhoea in adults and children aged 12 years and older. The capsules contain loperamide hydrochloride which helps reduce diarrhoea by slowing down an overactive bowel to its normal rhythm, which helps the body to absorb water and salts from the bowel.
Do not take this medicine:
- if you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients
- if you are under 18 years for an IBS patient (or under 12 years for short-term diarrhoea)
- if you have severe diarrhoea after taking antibiotics
- if you are having a flare-up of an inflammatory bowel condition like ulcerative colitis
- if you are constipated, or your stomach appears swollen (especially in children with severe dehydration)
- if you have acute dysentery, the symptoms of which may include blood in your stools and a high temperature
If any of these applies to you, talk to a doctor or pharmacist and do not take Imodium.
Talk to your doctor first:
- if you have AIDS and your stomach becomes swollen, stop taking the capsules immediately and contact your doctor
- if you suffer from liver disease
- if you have diarrhoea as your body loses more fluid, sugars and salts than normal
- if you are taking any other medicines
Do not store above 25°C.
Keep the blister in the original carton to protect the capsules from light.
Keep out of the sight and reach of children.